Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Runaway

Let's have a toast for the douchebags!


I watched Kanye's Runaway film atleast 10 times this passed weekend... I love, love it! The font at the begining had me thinking that it's going to be another Sin City inspired film like the Young Money "Roger That" video. Boy was I in for a surprise, a pleasant one.

   


What stood out the most for me was the art direction, I liked the desaturated colour palette the design was not too over the top like most art films it worked well with theme. I also thought the bird costume was fabulous! I like Selita Ebanks don't know how Nick Canon went from her to Mariah I mean really!

I think this would make a great musical play so Kanye if you're reading hook it up on Broadway! The begining of every new scene convinced me of this, I could even see the stage lights the costumes it would all go together perfectly

After watching it all those times I still dont quite know exactly what the film's about; I think its about not trying to fit in and letting go of issues and stuff. I think... So i googled it and this what I got from one of the results:
Check out Kanye West’s film, Runaway, which tells the story of a phoenix (a metaphor for his return to the spotlight).

Read more:
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/10/23/kanye-wests-runaway-film/#ixzz147Wccz4g

2 comments:

  1. I was reading your piece with the huh? face right until you said you don't know what the film's about. Yet another FAIL on Hype's part. I love Hype Williams but a couple of music video treatments does not a scriptwriter make. Belly was proof! I'm glad folks are feeling this film though. It will be interesting to see how the work grows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its shot beautifully but I still dont know if I hate it or love it. But that phoenix rising shot is too dope.
    I agree with that Nick Cannon comment though

    ReplyDelete